Former DeKalb County Schools Chief Operating Officer Pat Reid
DEKALB COUNTY, Ga. -- Jury selection began Monday for the corruption trial of a former top official of DeKalb County Schools and her ex-husband.
Former chief operating officer Pat Reid is accused of illegally funneling construction projects to her architect husband, Tony Pope.
Former DeKalb County School Superintendent Crawford Lewis pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor obstruction charge two weeks ago.
He's expected to testify for the prosecution in what could be a month long trial.
More coverage of DeKalb School issues:
* High court to weigh in on DeKalb school board case
* 4 ousted DeKalb School Board members ask for reinstatement
* Gov. Deal fires back at civil rights leaders over DeKalb School Board
* NAACP accuses Governor of racism over DeKalb School Board suspensions
* Gov. Deal signing order removing 6 DeKalb school board members
* Former DeKalb School Secretary sentenced for exploiting elderly