Keep it light, simple, AND delicious!
Sumptuous Living's Mandy Landefeld stopped by 'Atlanta & Company' with healthy alternatives.
Replace those burgers and cupcakes with equally yummy options!
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 1/2 cup Orange Juice
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- Juice and zest of 1 lime
- 2 cloves Garlic (minced)
- 1 teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- 1 teaspoon Dried Oregano
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Red Chili Flakes
- 4 Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast (cut into tenders)
- 2 Avocados (peeled and cubed)
- 1 Large Naval Orange (peeled and chopped)
- 1/4 cup Red Onion (thinly sliced into quarters and soaked in ice water)
- 1/2 cup Cilantro (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons Lime Juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 2 heads Butter Lettuce
- Place ingredients in large zipper bag with chicken, seal and mix well.
- Marinate chicken for 30 minutes to overnight.
- Heat large skillet over high heat.
- Add entire bag of chicken.
- Cook for 10 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove to platter and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Pour renderings from pan into a small bowl. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl lightly mix salad ingredients together. Set aside.
- Place lettuce leaves on a platter.
- Slice tenders and place in lettuce wrap.
- Top with avocado salad.
- Drizzle with sauce renderings from pan.
- 2 cups Shredded Carrots
- 2 cups Shredded Apples
- 1 1/2 cup Buttermilk
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup Dark Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup Vegetable or Canola Oil
- 1 1/2 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1 cup Old-Fashioned Oats
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 teaspoon Apple Pie Spice (or Pumpkin Pie Spice)
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1 cup Craisins
- 1 cup Chopped Walnuts
- 1/2 tablespoon Orange Zest
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line muffin tins with paper liners or spray with non-stick baking spray. Combine all ingredients into a bowl or mixer and mix on low until well combined. Scoop into muffin tins using large ice cream scoop. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown and tester comes out clean.
- ½ cup Panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- ½ cup chopped red onion
- ¼ cup chopped black olives
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- ¼ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 2 pounds ground turkey breast
- 3 cups Arugula
- 12 Slider buns
- Tzatziki Sauce
- Preheat grill or grill pan on stove top to medium heat.
- Combine turkey burger ingredients in a large bowl and work together with your hands until well combined.
- Form into slider size patties and grill for 6 minutes per side or until cooked through.
- Place on slider bun with arugula and Tzatziki Sauce.