Several restaurants in metro Atlanta that will celebrate Cinco de Mayo with special offers.
Huey Luey's in Sandy Springs, Hiram and Acworth will celebrate Cinco de Mayo with special deals on drinks with Texas Margarita Buckets for $15 and Modelo and Tecate beer for $3 each.
Exotico Tequila will be onsite with $5 shots and special giveaways.
At Avalon in Alpharetta, guests can enjoy an outdoor bar and live mariachi band in The Plaza from 5 to 8 p.m.
Cinco de Mayo restaurant specials at Avalon include the following:
- Goldberg’s: $3 chicken, pork or brisket tacos, $9 chicken quesadillas and $9 southwest grilled chicken salad. From the bar: $1 tequila shots, $4 corona bottles and $5 margaritas.
- Bantam + Biddy: Special prices on margaritas and tequila shots.
- The El Felix: Open all day, no 2:30 – 5 p.m. siesta, and will have margarita specials.
- Oak Steakhouse: $6 margaritas during happy hour (5 – 7 p.m.) at the bar.
- Bocado Burger: Taco burger and Mexican beer for $13.99, taco burger, fries and Alenadro the Great cocktail for $17.99.
Colony Square in Midtown Atlanta will celebrate with "Cinco de Mayo on The Square" from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
The event will take place at the corner of 15th and Peachtree Streets. It's open to the public, and each guest will receive two complimentary drink tickets for margaritas from Establishment.
May 5th also marks the start of Street Eats on The Square, a weekly signature food truck event. The food truck series will take place every Friday from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. through October 27.
Another special offer is coming from Bahama Breeze, which has already kicked off its own Caribbean “fiesta” by serving its Classic Margaritas for $5 during the first 5 days of May.