DUNWOODY, Ga. -- Officials say a fire damaged at least one business in a popular neighborhood shopping area, Sunday.

The fire happened at Dunwoody Village Shopping Center in the 5500 block of Chamblee-Dunwoody Road.

Units first arrived to find flames already coming through the roof of an instrument rental business. Crews then went to businesses on either side to keep the flames from spreading.

Officials on the scene report that there were no people inside when the fire happened but said there was significant damage in the initial building.

"A lot of damage, we have a lot of structural damage - mainly structural damage," a battalion chief told 11Alive's Jennifer Leslie. "We do have some residual smoke damage, we do have some residual water damage."

Leslie, who was at the scene, also reports that at least one neighboring business showed some damage as a result of the fire.

"I just heard that there was a fire here and I scooted over and it's quite bad obviously," the owner of a separate business, The Music Class, said.

He added that he was glad to know that the building was empty and said he would be working to move his classes.

"We'll move on but it's not a pretty scene," he said.