TGIF! Thank goodness it is finally Friday which means we've made it an entire week since the I-85 bridge collapse. You deserve a cookie.
To continue the theme for this week, we will give you an updated list of road closures and openings for today:
- ONE LANE HAS OPENED on the Buford Springs Connector SB. The construction team working on the bridge collapse are putting up a concrete wall and a fence to separate Buford Springs from the reconstruction. This is crucial to those who are traveling southbound on Buford Springs because it would help take traffic off of Piedmont and Cheshire Bridge
- The ramp going from 75 southbound to the ramp onto I-85 northbound is now open
- Piedmont going northbound has one lane open and southbound is open all the way to Buford Springs
- Buford Springs northbound is open
- I-85 northbound is open but ONLY going to Buford Highway
- I-85 is closed from I-75/Brookwood split to the North Druid Hills exit
- Motorists traveling northbound on I-85 from the south side of Atlanta will be diverted to northbound I-75 at Brookwood near 17th Street
- Motorists traveling on I-85 north of Atlanta will be diverted to northbound on SR400
- Motorists traveling southbound on SR400 from north Atlanta will be diverted at Sidney Marcus exit
- You can't enter I-85 after Spaghetti Junction. All entrance ramps to I-85 SB between Chamblee Tucker and North Druid Hills are closed
- The intersection at Lambert Drive and Manchester is closed
Please keep in mind, this week was spring break, so volume was not as heavy as it will be on Monday. As we continue to wait for the bridge to be repaired, keep in mind to be courteous on the roads and drive safely. Also, and we cannot stress this enough, please do NOT rubberneck.
We will have full coverage for your commute on Monday so stay updated with us on 11Alive.