11Alive is your source for ongoing coverage and analysis of the murder trial of high-power Atlanta attorney Claud "Tex" McIver.
McIver is accused of intentionally killing his wife, Diane McIver, on Sept. 25, 2016. Diane McIver died after being shot in the back with a handgun while in the passenger's seat of an SUV. Tex was riding behind her and had a loaded revolver in his lap.According to Tex, the revolver fired on its own and claims that the shooting was "a horrible accident."
Photos: Motions hearing being held for Tex McIver's bond
Tex is an attorney with the Fisher and Phillips law firm. He is also on the advisory committee of the American Bar Association's Standing Committee on Gun Violence.
He was originally charged with misdemeanor reckless conduct and felony involuntary manslaughter in September 2016. He was released on a $200,000 bond with conditions that included wearing an ankle monitor, surrendering his passport and having no contact with anyone employed with Diane's business. At the time, he was also told he was not allowed to carry any weapons.
Check back for live streams of the trial each day and coverage both online and on television.
- 'He wasn't distraught, he wasn't emotional. Nothing.' Nurses testify on Diane McIver's final moments
- Tex McIver murder trial begins | State zeros in on marriage, finances
- Tex McIver murder trial moves forward as jury is seated
- Juror bias on view in Tex McIver murder trial jury selection
- Ongoing Tex McIver Trial Coverage
- Watch LIVE on YouTube