SunTrust Park's Opening Day is here.
After years of construction and two test events, the stadium's true opening is on Friday for the Atlanta Braves home opener against the San Diego Padres.
The game is sold out. So even though the stadium had two test events, Friday will be the first time the stadium will be at full capacity of 41,000.
Here is what you need to know about getting to SunTrust Park, the pre-game ceremony and what will happen after the game:
Getting to and inside SunTrust Park
- The stadium will open at 4:30 p.m., which is three hours before first pitch at 7:35 p.m.
- The parking lots open at different times. Most open at about 4 p.m. However, the Battery Red Deck will open at 9:30 a.m. Visit this website to see when your parking deck opens: click here.
- All fans MUST have a parking pass purchased prior to the game to park in one of the Braves' lots. Visit Braves.com/Parking to buy parking. The lots will not accept payment the day of the game.
- Ticket windows at SunTrust Park open at 9:30 a.m. for fans who have pre-purchased tickets. They will remain open until the 6th inning.
- Outside at The Battery Atlanta, there will be the inaugural Braves Walk. Braves legends will walk to the baseball hanging in the plaza for a Chop Rally.
- The Braves are asking all fans to be in their seats by 6:30 p.m., or one hour before first pitch, for the pre-game ceremony.
- Braves legends Hank Aaron, Bobby Cox, Tom Glavine, Chipper Jones, Dale Murphy, Phil Niekro and John Smoltz will be part of the pregame ceremony.
- The Braves will officially mark the completion of the stadium by revealing retired numbers.
- The national anthem will be performed by Georgia native Phillip Phillips, who is best known for his hit "Home."
- During the national anthem, SunTrust Park employees will hold a large American flag in the outfield.
- The United States Navy will perform a flyover in Four F/A-18A+ Hornets from VFC-12 out of Oceana, Va., at the conclusion of the national anthem.
- Hall of Famer Hank Aaron will throw out the first pitch at the park.
- Hall of Famer and former manager Bobby Cox will begin The Chop from the Chophouse prior to first pitch.
During and after the game
- Timothy Miller of the Atlanta Opera will sing "God Bless America" during the 7th inning stretch
- After the game is Friday Night Fireworks, a firework show which will occur every Friday night following a home game.