11Alive Holiday Canathon Southwest Airlines Ticket Sweepstakes
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR ODDS OF WINNING. SUBJECT TO APPLICABLE FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
2. Eligibility. Subject to the additional restrictions below, the â€œ11Alive Holiday Canathon Southwest Airlines Ticket Sweepstakesâ€ (â€œSweepstakesâ€) is open to legal U.S. residents of the State of Georgia who are 18 years or older at the time of entry and academic institutions, charitable and non-profit organizations, and for-profit businesses that operate in the State of Georgia at the time of entry (collectively, â€œOrganizationsâ€). Employees and contractors of WXIA-TV (â€œSponsorâ€), Gannett Co., Inc., Southwest Airlines and each of their respective affiliated companies, and advertising and promotional agencies, and the immediate family members of, and any persons domiciled with, any such employees or contractors, are not eligible to enter or to win.
3. How To Enter. The Sweepstakes will begin at 5:00 a.m. (E.T.) on Friday, November 30, 2012 and will end at 1:00 p.m. (E.T.) on Friday, November 30, 2012. (the â€œSweepstakes Periodâ€) for the following locations:
In-Person Entry: Enter in person by visiting one of the following four (4) drop-off locations between 5:00 a.m. (E.T.) and 1:00 p.m. (E.T.) and donating a minimum of 111 canned food items per entrant for the Salvation Army, completing an Official Entry Form, and depositing your entry form in the designated entry box during the Sweepstakes Period.
Turner Field Stadium Parking Lot, 755 Hank Aaron Drive, Atlanta, Georgia;
The School Box-Kennesaw; 50 E. Barrett Parkway, Kennesaw, Georgia;
State Mutual Stadium Veterans Memorial Highway, Rome, Georgia
The School Box â€“ Gwinnett at 3865 Venture Drive, Duluth, Georgia
Limit one (1) entry per person or Organization. Donations and entry forms must be received by 1:00 p.m. (E.T.) on Friday, November 30, 2012.
Sponsor will not be responsible for incomplete, lost, late, misdirected or illegible entries. All entries become property of Sponsor and none will be returned.
4. Winner Selection. One individual winner and one Organization winner will be selected in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received to be held on or about Tuesday, December 4, 2012.
5. Prizes and Odds. Each winner will each receive two (2) round-trip coach tickets on Southwest Airlines for travel anywhere within the continental United States that Southwest Airlines services (ARV: $1,000 per pair) Flights will depart from and return to Atlantaâ€™s Hartsfield-Jackson Airport. Costs of items other than the airfare are not included and are the sole responsibility of the winner. Prize may be subject to blackout periods, and other restrictions may apply. Winners and their travel companions must travel together on the same itinerary.
Tickets issued by Southwest Airlines will bear the date of issue and the date of expiration. Expiration dates will not be extended, and tickets will not be refundable or redeemable for cash or credit at any time, nor will tickets be replaced if lost or stolen. Ticket holder must be 18 years or older and legal US resident. Tickets cannot be resold to a third party. Tickets may not be used for promotional purposes unless previously approved through Southwest Airlines. Tickets valid on Southwest operated, published, scheduled service only
Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
6. Winner Notification and Acceptance. Winners will be notified on or about Tuesday, December 4, 2012 at the telephone numbers provided on each winnerâ€™s entry form. Sponsor will call during regular business hours at number provided on entry form and will leave no messages. Failure to reach winner by phone after three (3) attempts may result in disqualification of winner, forfeiture of his or her interest in all prizes, and selection of a substitute winner from among all remaining eligible entries. To claim prize voucher, each winner must personally visit Sponsorâ€™s offices at One Monroe Place, Atlanta, Georgia 30324 by December 31, 2012 during regular business hours (9:00 a.m. (E.T.) to 5:00 p.m. (E.T.) weekdays), and winner must present a valid photo identification. Sponsor will provide winnersâ€™ names and contact information to AirTran Airways, and winners will be solely responsible for scheduling travel directly with AirTran Airways. Winners may waive their right to receive prizes. Prizes are non-assignable and nontransferable. No substitutions allowed by winner. Prize is not redeemable for cash. Prizes and individual components of prize packages are subject to availability and Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value. Winners are solely responsible for reporting and payment of any taxes on prizes. Winners may be required to complete an affidavit of eligibility/liability and publicity release which must be returned as instructed by Sponsor. The individual claiming the prize for the winning Organization must certify his/her authorization to receive the prize on behalf of the Organization. Failure to sign and return the affidavit or release, or to comply with any term or condition of these Official Rules, may result in a winnerâ€™s disqualification, the forfeiture of his or her interest in the prize, and the award of the prize to a substitute winner. Persons traveling as guest of the any winner must also sign any affidavit or release that Sponsor may require. Except where prohibited, acceptance of any prize constitutes winnerâ€™s consent to the publication of his or her name, biographical information and likeness in any media for any commercial or promotional purpose, without limitation the Internet, or further compensation. Prizes not won and claimed by eligible winners in accordance with these Official Rules will not be awarded and will remain the property of Sponsor.
7. Participation. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify persons found tampering with or otherwise abusing any aspect of this Sweepstakes as solely determined by Sponsor. In the event the Sweepstakes is compromised by a virus, non-authorized human intervention, tampering or other causes beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor which corrupts or impairs the administration, security, fairness or proper operation of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Sweepstakes. Should the Sweepstakes be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, Sponsor reserves the right to award prizes based on the entries received before the termination date. Sponsors will not be responsible for incomplete, lost, late, misdirected or illegible entries or for failure to receive entries. . Any questions regarding the number of entries shall be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, and Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entries from people determined to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the Sweepstakes. Sponsor is not responsible for operation of AirTran Airways, including cancellations or rescheduled flights.
8. Construction. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein.
9. Sponsor. 11Alive Holiday Canathon Southwest Airlines Ticket Sweepstakes is sponsored by WXIA-TV. The decisions of Sponsor regarding the selection of winners and all other aspects of the Sweepstakes shall be final and binding in all respects. Sponsor will not be responsible for typographical, printing or other inadvertent errors in these Official Rules or in other materials relating to the Sweepstakes. For a list of winners available after December 31, 2012, or a copy of these Official Rules, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to â€œWinners List/Official Rulesâ€, WXIA-TV, One Monroe Place, Atlanta, Georgia 30324. If you have any questions regarding this Sweepstakes, please contact Robbin Steed at (404) 892-1611 or rsteed@11Alive.com.