Preparation:Bring all ingredients to a boil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat, stirring often. Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer, stirring occasionally, 25 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
Apple Pecan Crisp
- 5 large Granny Smith apples, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- 3/4 cup chopped toasted pecans
- Vanilla ice cream
Preparation:Place apples in a lightly greased 6-quart slow cooker; drizzle with lemon juice, and toss to coat.
Combine flour and next 3 ingredients in a medium bowl. Cut butter into flour mixture with a pastry blender or two forks until mixture resembles coarse meal; sprinkle over apples.
Cover and cook on HIGH 3 hours or until apples are tender. Sprinkle with pecans. Serve warm with ice cream.
- 1 (3- to 4-lb.) boneless pork shoulder roast (Boston butt), trimmed
- 1 (18-oz.) bottle barbecue sauce
- 1 (12-oz.) can cola soft drink
- 1. Place roast in a lightly greased 6-qt. slow cooker; pour barbecue sauce and cola over roast. Cover and cook on LOW 8 to 10 hours or until meat shreds easily with a fork.
- 2. Transfer pork to a cutting board; shred with two forks, removing any large pieces of fat. Skim fat from sauce, and stir in shredded pork.
- Note: We tested with Cattleman's Original Barbecue Sauce.