(Courtesy Atlanta Business Chronicle)
ATLANTA -- A new value retailer has opened shop around metro Atlanta. Philadelphia-based Five Below opened seven stores last Friday. Nothing in the stores cost more than $5.
The store locations:
- Marketplace at Millcreek at 1600 Mall of Georgia Blvd., Buford
- Cumming Town Center at 2265 Market Place Blvd., Cumming
- Camp Creek Marketplace at 3612 Marketplace Blvd., East Point
- Hiram Pavilion at 4904 Jimmy Lee Smith Pkwy., Hiram
- Johns Creek Village at 11720 Medlock Bridge Rd., Johns Creek
- Town Center Commons at 667 Ernest W. Barrett Pkwy., Kennesaw
- Perimeter Pointe at 1155 Mount Vernon Hwy., Atlanta
Five Below stores carry a range of products including cosmetics, electronics accessories, toys and arts and crafts.
The chain is on a path of rapid growth. Five Below plans a total of 50 new stores in 2012 and 60 new stores in 2013, with the goal of eventually raising its store count to 2,000.
Five Below was founded in 2002 by David Schlessinger, founder of Encore Books and Zany Brainy, and Tom Vellios, former CEO of Zany Brainy. It has received private-equity financing from Center City-based LLR Partners and Boston-based Advent International.
Atlanta Business Chronicle first reported May 4 Five Below's move into the Atlanta market.
(Atlanta Business Chronicle)