Katie Holmes left her lawyer's office in New York City July 7, 2012. (MEHDI TAAMALLAH/AFP/GettyImages)
(USA Today) -- Katie Holmes continues to step out with Suri and move forward with her life, post-Tom Cruise. Some of the latest news tidbits:
- She is returning to the Catholic Church. She has registered as a parishioner at the Church of St. Francis Xavier in New York City, reports Huffington Post.
- She was like a super spy as she planned her split, using a disposable cellphone provided by a friend to initially talk to her lawyers and avoid her husband knowing about the conversations, reports the Los Angeles Times.
- She "is very happy" because she "won," says Us Weekly. Divorce settlement details are private, but she is said to have gotten primary legal custody of Suri.
- Suri was the peacemaker, says TMZ.
- Tom was so surprised by Katie's "secret" plan that, "He keeps asking, 'What's happening?'" reports People.