AUGUSTA, Ga. (AP) -- Authorities say a neighbor was able to save a child from a burning home, but a man in the house died in the blaze.
Two children ages 7 and 9 awoke early Monday morning when a fire alarm went off at the home on Meadowgrove Drive in Richmond County.
Authorities say the children ran to the home of a neighbor, Felande Ross, who broke out a window and brought out a 4-year-old girl who was still inside the burning structure. The 4-year-old was taken to Medical College of Georgia Hospital.
When firefighters arrived, they discovered the body of an unidentified man in the kitchen.
Richmond County Deputy Coroner Johnny McDonald said the fire appears to have originated from a stove in the kitchen.