MCDONOUGH, Ga. -- Henry County parents now have a resource center to provide them with information on classroom subjects and social issues like bullying.
The Henry County Schools Parent Resource Center recently held an Open House to welcome local parents to tools and materials to help their students thrive.
According to the Coordinator of the center Anna Arnold, "We are organizing a group of dedicated parent volunteers to assist visitors when they stop by the center for materials and support," said Arnold. "Right now, we are open by appointment."
The center specializes in:
- Reading and math support
- Time and stress management
- Creative instructional strategies for teachers and parents
- Cultural diversity
- Bullying and cyber bullying prevention
- Computer access (6 computers in the Center's lab)
- Community outreach
- Scientifically researched parenting strategies and programs
The center is located at 61 N. Zack Hinton Parkway.