Britain's Prince William (L) and his wife Catherine (C), the Duchess of Cambridge, watch a ceremony to mark their farewell from Tuvalu in the Vaiaku Maneapa before departing from Funafuti on September 19, 2012. (Tony Prcevich/AFP/GettyImages)
(USA Today) -- The saga of Duchess Kate's topless photos continues, with more European magazines to publish them and the French cops on the hunt for the photographer.
The Swedish celebrity weekly, Se & Hoer, published the pictures today and its sister edition in Denmark says it will publish them in a 16-page supplement on Thursday, the Associated Press reports. The photos of Duchess Kate sunbathing topless at a private chateau in France were snapped in early September from a public road near the estate in Provence owned by Prince William's cousin.
The photos were first published last week by a French magazine, Closer, but lawyers for the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge obtained an injunction in a French court on Tuesday, forcing the magazine to turn over the pictures and blocking further publication in France.
Will and Kate are homeward bound today after a successful royal tour of Southeast Asia and the South Pacific.
Meanwhile, French police raided the offices of Closer, searching for the name of the photographer who took the pictures, according to the Telegraph. The Cambridges want French prosecutors to punish the magazine and the photographer with criminal penalties, fines and even jail time, but so far the identity has not leaked out.
The Danish magazine editor, Kim Henningsen, said he had been offered 240 pictures but will use only 60 to 70. He declined to say who sold them to them or how much he paid.
So far, the photos have appeared in an Irish newspaper, an Italian gossip magazine, the French magazine, and on the Internet. The ruling in France applies only to France, where the law protects privacy rights but also protects press rights. It's not clear how far the French can push this case, but it is almost certainly not over.