ALBANY, Ga. (AP) -- Firefighters say an electrical short likely caused a blaze that killed a disabled man in Worth County.
County Coroner Johnny Johnson said 58-year-old Greg Fulghum died in the blaze. His wife, Betty Booth Jackson, suffered burns and smoke inhalation and was taken to a hospital for treatment.
After the fire started, the wife tried unsuccessfully to get her husband out of the house. He was paralyzed from the neck down.
Authorities said three dogs and two goats owned by the couple were saved. Worth County Animal Control is taking care of the animals free of charge.