ATLANTA - State representative Shelia Jones is introducing a bill to require Georgia schools to install carbon monoxide detectors by July 1. The proposal comes just days after a carbon monoxide leak at Finch Elementary sent 50 people to the hospital.
School officials say workers forgot to open a valve after doing some work on the boiler at Finch. The school reopened Friday after a new temporary boiler and detectors were installed.
APS officials say they plan to inspect the boilers in every school in the coming weeks.