Investigators declare Butts County fire accidental

6:27 AM, Feb 19, 2013   |    comments
  • Share
  • Print
  • - A A A +

ATLANTA -- An investigation has found that a house fire that killed a Butts County woman was accidental.

Insurance and Safety Fire Commissioner Ralph Hudgens says fire investigators determined that an electrical malfunction of the dryer started the blaze Friday afternoon.

Authorities found 52-year-old Bonnie T. Hamby dead in the home in Flovilla, about 35 miles northwest of Macon.

Hudgens said the home was completely destroyed by the fire.

(Associated Press)

Most Watched Videos