ATLANTA -- Georgia DOT contractors will be working all around Atlanta this weekend, getting as much done as possible, as they prepare for the Department-mandated Memorial Day Weekend shutdown next weekend.
Work on I-285 across the top end, on GA 400 near the I-85 interchange, and on I-85 northbound between Pleasantdale Road and Jimmy Carter Boulevard are expected to cause delays for motorists traveling through those areas.
MORE | Interactive Traffic maps and travel times around metro Atlanta
For Memorial Day weekend, all interstate lane closures will be restricted between noon on Friday, May 24th and 5:00 a.m. on Tuesday, May 28th to ease Memorial Day Holiday traffic.
This weekend, contractors on the I-285 top end resurfacing project will have up to three lanes closed in both directions for paving and bridge joint work.
"We may have to dodge a few showers but I think we can get a lot of work done this weekend," said GDOT District Construction Engineer Shun Pringle. "Plan ahead or call 511 if you want to avoid delays."
On I-85 northbound from Pleasantdale Road to Jimmy Carter Boulevard, up to three lanes will be closed at various times throughout the weekend for barrier wall and bridge work.
On 400 at 85, various single lane closures in both directions will be in place as construction on the big interchange project continues. Delays are expected and motorists should seek alternate routes to avoid backups.
Also as part of the same project, contractors will continue flagging operations on surface streets around the interchange and the HOV ramps at I-85 and Lindbergh Drive remain closed until mid-July for work on the bridge columns for the interchange.
Additionally, on I-285 NB, from Hollowell Parkway to Bolton Road, two left lanes will be closed during the overnight hours for concrete slab repair.
Here is a full list of this weekend's work in metro Atlanta:
1. Cobb, 5/9/13 to 11/29/13, 10am till 5pm,
SR 360 EB, from MP 9.1 (Bellemeade Dr) to MP 10.27 (Chestnut Hill Road), one right lane closed for installing drainage, walls and other structures for a multi-use trail.
2. Cobb, 5/17/13 to 5/20/13, 9pm till 5am,
I-285 EB, from MP 20 (I-75) to MP 25 (Roswell Rd), three left lanes or two right lanes and ramp closed for paving operations.
3. Clayton, 5/7/13 to 6/21/13, 9am till 4pm,
SR 138 EB/WB, from MP 7.67 (Walt Stephens Rd) to MP 10.49 (Ciboney Dr), working on raised beds and median landscaping.
4. Clayton, 5/13/13 to 5/23/13, 9am till 7pm,
I-75 SB, about MP 231 (Mt. Zion Blvd), one right shoulder closed for installing pavement markings on Ramps.
5. Fulton, 5/4/12 to 12/31/13, 9am till 3pm, daily
Sidney Marcus Blvd EB/WB, from MP 1 (GA 400) to MP 2 (Buford Hwy), left lane affected with flagging operations for construction activities.
6. Fulton, 10/5/12 to 12/31/13, 4:30am till 3pm, continuous
GA 400 NB, from MP 0.5 (I-85) to MP 1 (Sidney Marcus Blvd), one right lane closed to construct bridge bents for new bridge.
7. Fulton, 5/4/12 to 12/31/13, 9am till 3pm, daily
SR 13 NB/SB, from MP 2 (I-85) to MP 3 (Lenox Road), one outside lane closed with flagging operations to support construction activities.
8. Fulton, 1/7/13 to 6/30/13, 9am till 5pm, daily
Deering Road EB, about MP 0 (Peachtree Street), DEERING ROAD CLOSED for construction on the Amtrak Station.
9. Fulton, 1/22/13 to 7/22/13, 7pm till 5am, continuous
I-85 NB/SB, form MP 0 to MP 0.25 (Lindbergh Drive), HOV Ramp closed on to construct bridge bent #11.
10. Fulton, 1/12/13 to 12/31/13, 7pm till 5:30pm, weekly
Sidney Marcus Blvd EB/WB, from MP .5 to MP 1 (Sidney Marcus Blvd), road closed on Saturdays only for construction activities.
11. Fulton, 1/12/13 to 12/28/13, 7am till 5:30 pm, weekly
Cheshire Bridge Road EB/WB, from MP 0 to MP 0.25 (Sheridan Road), Road Closed on Saturdays only for construction activities.
12. Fulton, 1/12/13 to 12/28/13, 7am till 3:30pm, weekly
SR 13 NB, from MP 0 to MP 0.25 (Lenox Road), road closed on Saturdays only for construction activities.
13. Fulton, 1/23/13 to 6/30/13, 9am till 4pm,
Bolton Rd WB, from MP 3.5 (Marietta Blvd) to MP 2.5 (Paul Ave), one right lane closed for shoulder demolition and sidewalk / curb installation.
14. Fulton, 2/7/13 to 8/30/13, 9am till 4pm
Joseph Lowery Blvd, from MP 2.84 (Park Street) to MP 2.53 (Westview Drive), one right lane closed for sidewalk construction.
15. Fulton, 2/14/13 to 7/22/13, 9am till 3:30pm
SR 236 WB, from MP 1 (Armand Drive) to MP 1.5 (Adina Drive), one lane flagging operation for equipment entering and exiting the roadway.
16. Fulton, 3/18/13 to 7/31/13, continuous
I-75 / I-85 SB, about MP 243 (Langford Pkwy), right shoulder closure for construction activities.
17. Fulton, 3/11/13 to 8/30/13, 9am to 4pm
Danforth Rd NB/SB, from MP 0 (New Hope Road) to MP .5 (Reunion Place), one left lane closed for clearing and grubbing operations.
18. Fulton, 3/16/13 to 12/31/13, 10am till 10pm, continuous
SR 13 NB, from MP 87 (Lindbergh Drive) to MP 88 (Cheshire Bridge Road), one right lane closed for bridge construction.
19. Fulton, 5/4/13 to 5/12/13, 6am till 7pm,
SR 141 SB, from MP 1.03 (Stratford Rd) to MP 0.52 (Maple Dr), one left lane closed for landscape installation in the median.
20. Fulton, 4/18/13 to 6/3/13, 9pm till 5am, nightly
I-75 SB/NB, from MP 256 (Mt Paran Road) to MP 241 (Cleveland Ave), one right lane closed for overhead sign work.
21. Fulton, 4/23/13 to 5/11/13, 9:30am to 3pm
SR 400 SB, from MP 1 (Sidney Marcus Blvd) to MP 0 (Lindbergh Dr), one left lane closed for construction activities.
22. Fulton, 4/26/13 to 5/31/13, 9pm till 5am
I-285 EB/WB, from MP 24 (Riverside Dr) to MP 29 (Ashford Dunwoody Rd), three left lanes, then two right lanes closed for paving operations.
23. Fulton, 4/26/13 to 5/13/13, 9pm till 5am,
I-285 WB, from MP 22 (Northside Dr) to MP 18 (Paces Ferry Rd), three left lanes closed for resurfacing operations.
24. Fulton, 4/25/13 to 5/11/13, 9:30am till 3pm, daily
SR 400 NB, from MP 0 (Lindbergh Dr) to MP 1 (Sidney Marcus Blvd), either right or left lane closed for construction activities.
25. Fulton, 4/25/13 to 5/11/13, 8pm till 5am, nightly
SR 13 NB, from MP 2 (Lindbergh Dr) to MP 3 (Cheshire Bridge Rd), on right ramp lane closed for construction activities.
26. Fulton, 4/25/13 to 6/28/13, 8pm till 5am,
SR 13 NB, from MP 3 (Lindbergh Dr) to MP 2.5 (Cheshire Bridge Rd), one right ramp lane closed for paving operations.
27. Fulton, 5/17/13 to 6/2/13, 9pm till 7pm, continuous
I-85 NB, about MP 77 (Metropolitan Parkway), one right lane closed for removing and replacing bridge joints.
28. Fulton, 5/3/13 to 5/31/13, 9:30am till 3:30
Mt Paran Rd SB, about MP 256 (Northside Pkwy), one right lane closed for placing storm drain pipe and drainage structures.
29. Fulton, 5/6/13 to 12/31/13, 9am till 4pm, daily
Marietta Blvd NB, from MP 4.32 (Bolton Road) to MP 3.43 (Coronet Way), one right lane closed for installing sidewalk, curb & gutter, and installing storm drain piping.
30. Fulton, 5/14/13 to 5/20/13, 9am till 4pm,
SR 8 EB/WB, from MP 8 (North Avenue) to MP 8.1 (Peach Street), one left lane closed in each direction for setting pavers and correction work.
31. Fulton, 5/17/13 to 5/20/13, 9pm till 5am, continuous
I-285 WB/EB, form MP 25 (Roswell Rd) to MP 20 (I-75) of MP 24 (Riverside Dr) to MP 29 (Ashford Dunwoody Rd), three left lanes or two right lanes closed for paving operations.
32. Fulton, 5/17/13 to 5/20/13, 9pm till 5am, continuous
I-285 WB, from MP 22 (Northside Dr) to MP 18 (Paces Ferry Rd), two right lanes closed for ramp paving operations.
33. Fulton, 5/15/13 to 12/31/13, 9am till 4pm,
Washington Street NB, from MP 1 (Decatur Street) to MP 1.5 (MLK JR DR), one left lane closed for bridge painting operations.
34. Fulton, 5/15/13 to 5/31/13, 9pm till 5am,
I-285 NB, from MP 12 (Hollowell Pkwy) to MP 13 (Bolton Rd), two left lanes closed for concrete slab repair.
35. DeKalb, 5/14/12 to 5/11/13, 9am till 4pm, daily
SR 42 SB, from MP 13.17 (North Druid Hills Road) to MP 13.12 (Briarcliff Road), right shoulder closed for construction activities.
36. DeKalb, 4/3/13 to 8/30/13, 9am till 4pm
Glenwood Ave EB/WB, from MP 0 (Flat Shoals Ave) to MP 1.5 (Moreland Ave), one left lane closed for replacing curb & sidewalk.
37. DeKalb, 4/29/13 to 5/27/13, 10pm till 6am
I-85 NB, from MP 96 (Pleasantdale Rd) to MP 99 (Jimmy Carter Blvd), three right lanes closed for work in bridge.
38. DeKalb, 5/10/13 to 5/13/13, 9pm till 5am,
I-20 EB, from MP 66 (Columbia Drive) to MP 71 (Panola Rd), two left lanes closed for paving operations.