'Glee' star Cory Monteith, 31, was found dead in a hotel room in Vancouver on Saturday, July 13, 2013. (Getty Images)
VANCOUVER, British Columbia-- According to a British Columbia coroner, 'Glee' actor Cory Monteith died of overdose of heroin and alcohol. According to the coroners service, the death was caused by "mixed drug toxicity, involving heroin and alcohol."
PHOTO GALLERY| Notable deaths 2013
The 31-year-old star died Saturday at the Fairmont Pacific Rim hotel in downtown Vancouver. Vancouver police said in a news conference Saturday evening that Monteith was found at noon on the hotel's 21st floor.
RELATED | 'Glee' star Cory Monteith found dead
He checked into the hotel July 6 and had been expected to check out Saturday. When Monteith missed his checkout time at noon, hotel staff went to his room and found him.
An autopsy was scheduled for Monday. News of the cause of death was released late Tuesday afternoon. Monteith voluntarily admitted himself into a rehab facility in March for substance addiction. In late April, the star completed the program and checked out. His last public outing was with his girlfriend and Glee co-star, Lea Michele, at the Chrysalis Butterfly Ball June 8.