Aerial view of Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport
ATLANTA -- Airport spokesman Reese McCranie says an electrical switch forced a lockdown at Atlanta Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport for a time Monday afternoon.
McCranie says the lockdown stopped passenger trains in the tunnels and triggered doors between terminals that stopped the movement of passengers. Access to security checkpoints were also blocked during the lockdown.
The lockdown lasted about 20 minutes, before crews restored access to the terminals at the world's busiest airport, McCranie said.
RELATED | Flight info, security wait times
* Feds approve Delta-Virgin Atlantic joint venture
* Escalator motor catches fire at Atlanta airport
* Atlanta-bound Delta flight diverted to Canada
* Bird strikes up 60% at Atlanta's airport
* Swanky Atlanta airport lounge will cost $35/day