ATLANTA -- 11Alive continues to hold school leaders accountable for mold in one Atlanta Public School.
Valerie Williams discovered the mold on uniforms at Booker T. Washington High School in July. Friday on 11Alive News Today, she and Elizabeth Hendricks joined Jaye Watson to discuss the issue. WATCH their discussion here.
In August, Atlanta Public School officials said the mold was confined to a few classrooms in the fine arts building, and closed those areas to students. After treatments and tests, the building was declared safe for students.
But a group of parents, students and community members said they don't buy it; they believe the mold is still affecting students.
District Two Board Member Byron Amos called an emergency board meeting to address the issue.
Mold Information and Resources:
- Dangers of mold and how to remove from CDC
- How to contact Atlanta Public School leaders about the facilities
Watch as 11Alive Holds the Powerful Accountable:
- Washignton HS mold problem prompts emergency meeting
- Emergency meeting called for school mold problem
- Parents upset over mold problem at Washington HS