Patsy & John Ramsey during an interview in 2000 (Getty Images)
The grave marker of JonBenet Ramsey in Marietta (Getty Images)
DENVER (AP) -- An indictment issued in the JonBenet Ramsey investigation over a decade ago was made public Friday.
A judge ordered prosecutors to release the documents concerning JonBenet's parents Friday in response to a lawsuit brought by a reporter and a journalists' group.
The grand jury considered charges against John and Patsy Ramsey three years after JonBenet's body was found bludgeoned and strangled in her family's home in Boulder on Dec. 26, 1996.
The district attorney at the time, Alex Hunter, declined to pursue charges, saying he didn't have sufficient evidence.
The Ramseys maintained their innocence and have never been charged. Patsy Ramsey died of cancer in 2006.
READ THE DOCUMENTS
* Never-filed indictment against John Ramsey
* Never-filed indictment against Patsy Ramsey
* Court to release indictments that went nowhere
* Lawsuit filed over Ramsey slaying indictment
* Jury wanted to indict JonBenet's parents
(Copyright © 2013, The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)