COVINGTON, Ga. -- When he raised his little hand and placed the navy blue hat on his heart, five-year-old Morgan Steward officially became a Covington police officer on December 2nd. His quick smile and polite "Thank You for making my dream come true" grabbed the hearts of viewers in Metro Atlanta.
PHOTOS | See his swearing in ceremony
VIDEO | Meet the boy behind the new badge
On 11Alive's Facebook page and Twitter accounts, you told us you wanted to do more. Something bigger. It's happening Tuesday, December 17th. From 10:00am-1:00pm we're taking over Covington for #OfficerMorgan Day. He has a lot of little dreams: to write speeding tickets, help kids cross the street, give a speech to "bad guys". He also has some pretty big dreams. 11Alive's Help Desk is tackling all of them.
Here's what you can do to help:
- Sign up below to Volunteer. Keep an eye out for an email explaining where you can report for duty Tuesday, December 17th.
- Make signs with messages of support for "Officer Morgan".
- Show up in downtown Covington from 10:00 to 1:00 (exact locations coming soon!)
- Share this link. Get your friends, families, and community groups to participate.
- Spread the buzz. Use the hastag #OfficerMorgan on Facebook and Twitter.
Sign up for #OfficerMorgan Day here: