ATLANTA -- Frigid temperatures caused problems all across metro Atlanta Tuesday morning. Temperatures were in the single digits and wind chills below zero for many areas.
A water main broke and froze on the road in Buckhead.
In Lawrenceville, an entire wing of an elderly care home had to be evacuated. A sprinkler line froze, then leaked and poured icy water into a room in one of 130 beds here.
In Gwinnett County power crews trying to fix a pole after hit was hit by a truck ran into trouble. Jackson EMC's bucket truck froze up in the cold.
It's not expected to get above freezing until Wednesday afternoon.
GALLERY | January's arctic blast through metro Atlanta (Add your weather photos)
CLOSINGS AND DELAYS | Complete list of latest school and business closings and delays
More Winter Weather Coverage:
- Cold Weather Experiments
- Polar vortex: What is it, and when is it going away?
- Districts explain why they cancelled class
- Print out your Cold Weather Checklist
- Figuring out the wind chill
- MARTA rail service slowed down Tuesday due to cold
- Snow in Ellijay Jan 6. 2014
- Snow building up in north Georgia
- Interactive traffic map of problems and delays
SIGN UP FOR WEATHER ALERTS | Email alerts | Mobile text alerts
Send us pictures of weather in your area: email@example.com