LITHONIA, Ga. -- Firefighters responded to a house fire at 719 Hialeah Court in Lithonia, Tuesday afternoon.
No injuries were reported.
DeKalb County firefighters said the home, which was owned by a retired Gwinnett County firefighter, was destroyed in the blaze. Neither the firefighter, nor his wife were home when the fire started.
He told investigators he got a call saying his house was on fire. He came home to find his house fully involved.
Investigators said the firefighter's two dogs were reported missing after the blaze.
GALLERY | January's arctic blast through metro Atlanta (Add your weather photos)
CLOSINGS AND DELAYS | Complete list of latest school and business closings and delays
More Winter Weather Coverage:
- Cold Weather Experiments
- Polar vortex: What is it, and when is it going away?
- Districts explain why they cancelled class
- Print out your Cold Weather Checklist
- Figuring out the wind chill
- MARTA rail service slowed down Tuesday due to cold
- Snow in Ellijay Jan 6. 2014
- Snow building up in north Georgia
- Interactive traffic map of problems and delays
SIGN UP FOR WEATHER ALERTS | Email alerts | Mobile text alerts
Send us pictures of weather in your area: firstname.lastname@example.org