Roads across the entire state continue to be covered in ice and snow, even as GDOT workers treat them.
According to the Department of Transportation, these are the most hazardous Counties and locations where icing has been reported:
• Cobb - I-75 Southbound past Marietta Parkway
• Coweta - SR 16 in both directions at Turkey Creek Rd.
• Coweta - SR 14 in both directions at Country Club Dr.
• Dawson - SR 136 especially in higher elevations
• DeKalb - SR 212 at Panola Rd. in both directions
• Fulton - 75/85 Northbound ramp at Fulton St.
• Fulton - GA 400 southbound before I-285
• Gwinnett - SR 124 in Hamilton Mill
• Union - SR 515
• White - SR 11/US 129
"At least, one crew will continue working in each county in our Northeast Georgia District through 8 a.m. tomorrow. We have shifted some assets from working in Northeast Georgia to Metro Atlanta.
Six dump trucks and their drivers are now working the northwest quadrant of Interstate 285. Follow vehicles and drivers from District One are working with the Dump Trucks from District One. We also have five dump trucks with their follow vehicles and drivers shifted to work SR 400 in Fulton County.
All of Georgia DOT is working to clear Metro Atlanta's transportation network so you can safely get where you need to go," explained Bayne Smith, Georgia DOT District Engineer serving Northeast Georgia.
Interactive metro Atlanta traffic map of delays and problems
More Winter Weather Coverage:
- Gridlocked roads trap people in cars for 24 hours
- Latest school and business closings around metro Atlanta
- Mayor Reed defends the city's response to #snowjam2014
- Fire stations, stores and schools take in stranded storm drivers
- Hundreds of students stuck at school for the night
Winter Storm Photo Galleries:
- Upload the snowman you made
- Upload pics of pets and kids playing in the snow
- Atlanta's winter weather traffic nightmare