In the wake of the snow storm that crippled much of north Georgia this week, the Governor's Office reached out to 11Alive Meteorologist Chesley McNeil to help find solutions.
He'll join the governor's Severe Weather Warning Task Force. Chesley will join Governor Deal at the capitol for the announcement Monday at 1:15 p.m.
MORE | Mayor Kasim Reed announces plans to improve in storms
11Alive is proud to have Chesley on the team that's working to prevent the massive gridlock from ever happening again. Chesley has years of experience predicting snow and winter weather at his previous job in Buffalo, New York.
But, rest assured, that Chesley's participation will in no way prevent us from holding the task force accountable for producing results.
We will continue to update you on the group's mission and results as they happen.
RELATED SNOW JAM 2014 LINKS
- Governor, Mayor outline solutions to snow crisis
- Your Weather Photo Galleries - See and send us pictures
- EXCLUSIVE Survey: Many blame Deal for worst of storm's problems
- Governor takes the blame and calls for internal review of what went wrong during snow storm gridlock
- Will you have to pay if your abandoned car was towed?
- Atlanta Mayor Kasim Reed faces national criticism for winter storm plan
- Fix it! Atlanta writer says we are all to blame for gridlock.