STONE MOUNTAIN, Ga. -- DeKalb County Fire Department hazmat teams spent Friday morning cleaning up after a chemical spill at a food packaging company in Stone Mountain.
GALLERY | Cleaning up from DeKalb chemical spill
DeKalb fire captain Eric Jackson says it happened around 8 a.m. at Thermo Pac on Stoneridge Drive.
Jackson says a female employee was carrying nitric acid out of a lab. The container dropped and broke on the floor, spilling the acid onto her pants.
Jackson says two other employees came to her aid, and emergency crews responded.
The company was evacuated and the woman carrying the container, the two that came to her rescue and several firefighters were decontaminated on scene. The woman carrying the container and one other employee went to the hospital as a precautionary measure.
There were no serious injuries.
Jackson says there was no threat to any other business or people in the area.