Bloodshed across Metro Atlanta, police investigate 4 separate shootings

A busy Wednesday morning for Atlanta Police as they investigate multiple deadly shootings that occurred Tuesday night.

ATLANTA - A busy Wednesday morning for Atlanta Police as they investigate multiple deadly shootings that occurred Tuesday night.
Three of the shootings happened within miles of each other.


The latest shooting happened on the 2000 block of Alison Court at 11 p.m. Atlanta Police arrived on scene and found Octavius Brooks, 43, of Atlanta, shot dead inside a vehicle. The preliminary investigation shows the shooting happened after the victim and suspect got into an argument. Police said the suspect fired a 12-gauge shotgun hitting the victim in the chest. Police are trying to determine the nature of the argument and are canvassing the area for witnesses and evidence.

Atlanta Police said another argument ended with deadly gunfire at a Shell gas station located at 2261 Cascade Road. This happened around 10 p.m. According to Atlanta Police, Reginald Thomas, 51, was hanging out in front of the gas station when he got into an argument with another person. Investigators are now going through surveillance video trying to identify the suspect. The male victim appears to be in his late 30s to 40s.
In SW Atlanta, police are investigating a triple shooting that left 22-year-old Demandril Jackson, of Atlanta, dead. Officers responded to the 600 block of Smith Street around 8:30 p.m. Investigators said the gunshots were fired from inside a red pickup truck that was seen driving away from the scene. Officers recovered several casings and weapons at the scene, and are working to determine a suspect. An initial investigation revealed that some sort of argument between the victims and the gunman happened prior to the shooting and the gunman returned to the scene and opened fire. Police said the three victims are in their 20s. 



In Union City, police said someone opened fire shooting two people at the Hidden Lake Apartments on Morgan Road, just off of I-85 and Jonesboro Road. Police responded to the shooting around 5:30 p.m., on Tuesday. Damonta Watkins, 21, of Decatur, Ga., was killed and the other suffered non-life-threatening injuries according to police. One resident, Lindsey Cooley, said she ran in the direction of the shots and saw that an SUV had rammed into the small mailbox building in the parking lot before coming to a rest against some trees. Union City police later said two people had been shot.  Cooley said she tried to help the person who was most seriously wounded, but he died. Late Tuesday night, police said they didn't know if the second person who was shot, the one who survived, had been inside or outside the SUV during the gunfire.
The investigations continue in all four shootings. So far, no arrests have been made.

Stay updated on this and other stories by downloading the FREE 11Alive News app now in the iTunes store or on Google Play.



To find out more about Facebook commenting please read the
Conversation Guidelines and FAQs

Leave a Comment