The Crime Scene
11Alive has partnered with SpotCrime to bring local crime maps to the Atlanta area. Data is provided from local law enforcement agencies and plotted on respective maps. Data is updated daily, but could take as long as a week. Don't see your area? Reach out to your local PD and ask them to work with 11Alive and SpotCrime to get your community on the map!
- Theft - The act in which property belonging to another is taken without that person's consent.
- Burglary - The criminal offense of breaking and entering a building illegally for the purpose of committing a crime in that building.
- Robbery - Using force or intimidation to take property away from another person in the presence of that person.
- Assault - A physical attempt or threat to use violence with the intent to do harm to another.
- Arson - The crime of intentionally setting fire to a building or property of another or the burning of one's own property to collect insurance.
- Shooting - The act of firing a weapon in order to hit, wound, or kill someone or something.
- Vandalism - The intentional destruction of or damage to the property of another.
- Arrest - The seizure of an alleged or suspected offender to answer for a crime
Do you have a news tip or a question about crime in your area? Click here to send an email to Crime Scene Reporter, Kevin Rowson
Tonya Boga, the director of the Office of the Child Advocate, has left her post, weeks before the end of her 3-year term.
FEATURED CRIME REPORTS VIDEO
Crime Stoppers Atlanta
Fugitive of the Week
Reginald Stone, Fugitive of the Week on November 16, 2011 has been captured.
More Fugitive of the week >>
Laura Hamilton, 52, is wanted for Aggravated Assault and Theft by Atlanta Police and the U.S. Marshals.
Rowson's Crime Scene Twitter Feed