Hospital investigated after girl with autism severely burned

Girl suffers burns; Hospital investigated

MONROE, Ga. -- A local hospital is under investigation after a girl who has autism was burned while in their care.

As 11Alive reported on Thursday, Mariah Cole’s mother said her daughter was scalded while taking a shower by herself – something she hadn’t done before.

Mariah then fell backwards, hit her head and the water just kept hitting her. She now has second-degree burns covering 20 percent of her body.

“Ninety seconds. Can you imagine sitting for 90 seconds and counting to yourself, as a parent, knowing that your child is being burned,” her mother said.

After 11Alive’s report aired on Thursday, the Department of Community Health said they decided to launch an investigation.


JOIN THE CONVERSATION

To find out more about Facebook commenting please read the
Conversation Guidelines and FAQs

Leave a Comment