ATLANTA-- Atlanta is listed at No. 25 on a list compiled by Niche.com of "Best Cities and Neighborhoods for Millennials."
Niche.com, which was founded in 2002 as college review and recommendation site CollegeProwler.com, provides information for individuals seeking information on schools and neighborhoods. To create the latest list, the website analyzed data from cities and metro areas that have one million residents or more. The study looked at U.S. Census and FBI information, and surveys taken during the past four years that involved nearly 500,000 college students and graduates, reports Forbes, which took an in-depth look at the study.
Factors examined also include the percentage of the population identified as millennials (ages 25 to 34), median income, education level, and racial diversity.
Other factors considered include nightlife, cultural attractions, shopping, and professional sports.
While Atlanta is listed at No. 25 among "Best" cities, the Atlanta neighborhood of choice, according to Niche.com, is Ardmore.
The Top 10 cities and neighborhoods on the list are:
1. New York, N.Y. Best Neighborhood for Millennials: Greenpoint (Brooklyn)
2. Austin, Texas. Best Neighborhood for Millennials: South River City
3. Washington, D.C. Best Neighborhood for Millennials: Clarendon (Arlington)
4. Chicago. Best Neighborhood for Millennials: Wicker Park
5. San Francisco. Best Neighborhood for Millennials: Cow Hollow
Top 25: View full "Millennials" list
What are of Metro Atlanta do you think deserves to be at the top of the list for young professionals?