The Georgia Department of Transportation (GDOT) have released their latest updates on a list of lane closures, construction projects and events that will be taking place over the weekend.
· Bronner Bros Mid-Summer Show at the Georgia World Congress Center on Saturday and Sunday, August 19 and 20, from 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
· Piedmont Park Arts Festival at Piedmont Park on Saturday, August 19, from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and Sunday, August 20, from 11:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
· Streetzfest 2K17 at the Lakewood Amphitheatre on Saturday, August 19, 6:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.
To survive summer construction, Georgia DOT offers the following tips:
· Plan ahead. Before you get behind the wheel, call 511 or visit 511ga.org for real-time information on active construction, incidents, road conditions and more.
· Drive Alert and Arrive Alive. Keep the smartphone out of reach until you complete your drive. And wear your seatbelt.
· Use extra caution in work zones: pay attention, slow down, and watch for workers. Work zone safety is in your hands.
Be safe everyone and drive safe and smart.
© 2017 WXIA-TV