WXIA CELEBRATES ELLEN’S GIVEAWAYS SWEEPSTAKES
1 .NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR ODDS OF WINNING. SUBJECT TO APPLICABLE FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
2. Eligibility. Subject to the additional restrictions below, the “WXIA CELEBRATES ELLEN’S GIVEAWAYS SWEEPSTAKES” (the “Sweepstakes”) is open to legal U.S. residents of the 11Alive viewing area (as defined by its Nielsen DMA) that includes the following counties in Georgia: Banks, Barrow, Bartow, Butts, Carroll, Chattooga, Cherokee, Clarke, Clayton, Cobb, Coweta, Dawson, Dekalb, Douglas, Fannin, Fayette, Floyd, Forsyth, Fulton, Gilmer, Gordon, Greene, Gwinnett, Habersham, Hall, Haralson, Heard, Henry, Jackson, Jasper, Lamar, Lumpkin, Madison, Meriwether, Morgan, Newton, Oconee, Oglethorpe, Paulding, Pickens, Pike, Polk, Putnam, Rabun, Rockdale, Spalding, Towns, Troup, Union, Upson, Walton, White, and Clay County in North Carolina, and Cleburne and Randolph counties in Alabama who are 18 years or older at the time of entry. Employees and contractors of 11Alive (WXIA) (“Sponsor”), The Ellen DeGeneres Show (“Prize Provider”), WAD Productions, Inc. Warner Bros. Distribution, Telepictures Productions, TEGNA Inc., and each of their respective affiliated companies, and advertising and promotional agencies, and the immediate family members of, and any persons domiciled with, any such employees or contractors, are not eligible to enter or to win.
3. How to Enter. The Sweepstakes begins at 5:00 pm (ET) on Monday, November 14, 2016 and ends at 4:00 pm (ET) on Monday, November 21, 2016 (the “Sweepstakes Period”).
Entry. Enter by visiting Sponsor’s Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/11Alive , completing all of the required information (first name, last name, email, phone, county & zip code) and following all posted instructions. Complete the entry form and any other required fields and then submit your entry by clicking “Submit to Enter.” All entries must be received 4:00 pm (ET) Monday, November 21, 2016. Your computer must accept cookies, or any successor or similar technology, which may be used for the purpose of entry tracking. Ad blocking software on your computer needs to be disabled so that it doesn’t interfere with processing your entry.
Entries limited to only one (1) entry per person per day during the Sweepstakes Period. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same email address or Facebook ID. All entries become property of Sponsor and none will be returned. By entering, you agree to the terms of these Official Rules and to receive e-mails from Sponsor or those directed by Sponsor. You can opt-out of the receipt of such e-mails by following the directions in any email received from Sponsor.
4. Winner Selection. There will be a total of four (4) Prize Winners for the Sweepstakes Period. On or about 4:00 p.m. (ET) on Monday, November 21, 2016, four (4) Prize winners will be selected in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received
5. Prizes and Odds. The four (4) Prize Winners will each receive One (1) randomly selected Day of Ellen’s Giveaways occurring weekdays between Monday November 21, 2016 and Thursday December 8, 2016. Each Prize will be the same prizes given to The Ellen DeGeneres Show’s live studio audience on that particular randomly selected day.
Estimated Retail Value (“ERV”) of each days Prize is $3,000. However, given the surprise nature of the 12 Days of Giveaways on the Ellen DeGeneres Show, please note that the value of Prizes may substantially vary.
ERV of all Prizes is twelve thousand dollars ($12,000), but may vary significantly based on the 12 Days of Giveaways prize given out on the corresponding Ellen DeGeneres Show. Actual Retail Value (“ARV”) of a Prize may vary. Any difference between the ERV and ARV will not be awarded. If a Prize includes a Trip, the ARV may vary based on, among other things, availability, and existing rates at time of booking, dates of travel, and point of departure. For any Prize with an ARV of $600 or greater, Sponsor will furnish an Internal Revenue Service Form 1099 to Winner for the ARV of Prize for the year in which a Prize was won.
All details of a Prize will be determined by Prize Providers in their sole discretion. Prize Providers reserve the right to substitute a Prize (or portion thereof) with a similar prize (or prize element) of comparable or greater value. All taxes and other expenses, costs, or fees associated with the acceptance and/or use of a Prize are the sole responsibility of Winner(s). A Prize cannot be transferred by Winner(s) or redeemed for cash, with no substitution of a Prize by Winner. If a Prize is unclaimed within a reasonable time after notification from Sponsor, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, it will be forfeited, and time permitting, an alternate Winner(s) may be selected from the remaining eligible entries. Prize Providers shall have the right, but not the obligation, to make any deductions and withholdings that Sponsors deem necessary or desirable under applicable federal, state and local tax laws, rules, regulations, codes or ordinances. All expenses and costs not included in the Prize are not included and are the sole responsibility of the Prize winner.
Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
6. Winner Notification and Acceptance. The four (4) Prize Winners will be notified on or about November 21st the day of their selection as winners at the phone number and/or email address provided on winner’s entry form. Each winner must respond within 48 hours. Failure to respond within such time period or return of email prize notification as undeliverable or failure of winner to respond to notification may result in disqualification and an alternate winner may be selected from among all remaining eligible entries. Identities of winners may be announced on WXIA’s air, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, after verification of eligibility. To claim prize, the Winner(s) must personally visit the offices of 11Alive WXIA located at One Monroe Place, Atlanta, GA within four (4) business days after notification (office visits must be between the hours of 9:00am (ET) and 5:00 pm (ET) weekdays). Valid photo identification may be required by Sponsor. Winners may waive their right to receive prizes. Prizes are nonassignable and nontransferable. No substitutions allowed by winner. Prizes are not redeemable for cash. Prizes and individual components of prize packages are subject to availability and Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value. Winners are solely responsible for reporting and payment of any taxes on prizes. Winners will be required to complete an affidavit of eligibility/liability and publicity release (except where prohibited by law) which must be returned as instructed by Sponsor. Failure to sign and return the affidavit or release, or to comply with any term or condition of these Official Rules, may result in a winner’s disqualification, the forfeiture of his or her interest in the prize, and the award of the prize to a substitute winner. Except where prohibited, acceptance of any prize constitutes winner’s consent to the publication of his or her name, biographical information and likeness in any media for any commercial or promotional purpose, without limitation the Internet, or further compensation. Prizes not won and claimed by eligible winners in accordance with these Official Rules will not be awarded and will remain the property of Sponsor.
7. Participation. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify persons found tampering with or otherwise abusing any aspect of this Sweepstakes as solely determined by Sponsor. In the event the Sweepstakes is compromised by a virus, non-authorized human intervention, tampering or other causes beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor which corrupts or impairs the administration, security, fairness or proper operation of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Sweepstakes. Should the Sweepstakes be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, Sponsor reserves the right to award prizes based on the entries received before the termination date. Sponsor will not be responsible for incomplete, lost, late, misdirected or illegible entries, or for failure to receive entries or other electronic communications due to transmission failures or technical failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any network, hardware or software, whether originating with sender or Sponsor. In the event of a dispute, all online entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the owner of the ISP account from which they were sent. For these purposes, an ISP account holder shall mean the natural person assigned to such ISP account by the Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning ISP addresses for the domain associated with such ISP account. Any questions regarding the number of entries or votes submitted by the owner of an ISP account shall be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. By participating in this Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees to fully release, forever discharge and hold harmless Sponsor, TEGNA Inc. and Facebook from and against all claims, costs, liabilities, losses, injuries, and damages arising out of the Sweepstakes, including, but not limited to, any claims for personal injury, death or damage to or loss of property or any other harm arising out of entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes, the receipt, use, or misuse of any prize, or any travel or activity that is related to the Sweepstakes or any prize. This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook. Sponsor has no responsibility for the Ellen DeGeneres Show including, without limitation, schedule changes or substitutions.
8. Construction. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein.
9. Sponsor. The “WXIA CELEBRATES ELLEN’S GIVEAWAYS SWEEPSTAKES” is sponsored by WXIA. The decisions of Sponsor regarding the selection of winners and all other aspects of the Sweepstakes shall be final and binding in all respects. Sponsor will not be responsible for typographical, printing or other inadvertent errors in these Official Rules or in other materials relating to the Sweepstakes. For a list of winners (available after December 8, 2016) or a copy of these Official Rules, please send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to “Winners List/Official Rules” (as applicable), “WXIA CELEBRATES ELLEN’S GIVEAWAYS SWEEPSTAKES”, WXIA, One Monroe Place, Atlanta, GA 30324. If you have any questions regarding this Sweepstakes, please contact Amanda White at awhite@11Alive.com
10. The Contest is in no way sponsored, administered by or associated with The Ellen DeGeneres Show.