ATLANTA - An Atlanta firefighter was injured while battling a blaze at a home on the 1100 block of Benteen Avenue SE.
The fire started around 2 a.m. Monday.
Battalion Chief Stephen Hill said the fireman was moving the hose-line around when he stepped in a hole outside of the home and hurt his knee. He was taken to the Grady Memorial Hospital and is expected to be okay.
Working fire in 1100 block of Benteen Ave SW at a residence. 1 person escaped fire. 1 FF transported w/ minor leg injury. #AFRD— Atlanta Fire Rescue (@ATLFireRescue) June 5, 2017
A quarter of the home was burned with most of the flames coming from the rear of the house. Sgt. Cortez Stafford confirmed the house fire started from an unattended candle and has been ruled accidental.
The resident made it out of the home safely and was waiting in front of the house when firefighters arrived.
PHOTOS | Fireman injured in SE Atlanta
© 2017 WXIA-TV