All 401 national parks in the U.S. will celebrate "National Park Week: Go Wild!" from April 19-27. Parks will offer free admission April 19 and 20.
Park Locator: Find a National Park near you
We'll celebrate the beauty of our national parks all week by sharing your photos. Send your National Park photos to email@example.com (Don't forget to include a caption!)
The National Park Service has events planned through the week. Georgia parks are participating in several of them:
1. Go wild for bears. The National Park Foundation is teaming up with Disney on their new film, "Bears". For every ticket sold during opening week (April 18-24), Disney will make a donation to the National Foundation to protect wildlife and wild places across America's National Park system.
2. Junior Ranger Day On April 26, children can take part in special family-friendly activities. Kennesaw has a special "Girl Scout Ranger Day" planned on April 19th. The event from 9:30 am- 1:30 pm will teach the girls first aid and hiker preparedness.
3. Walk in the parkMore than 100 free ranger-led walks are offered during the week.
4. Earth Day The Chattahoochee Recreational Area is hosting an Earth Week campfire, reptile program, and night hike on April 19 from 7:00 to 10:00. Reservations are required.
6. Go wild for wildflowers. Spring is the perfect time to visit parks in their wild flower glory.
7. Community-lead conservation projects: Through a program called "Rivers, Trails, and Conservation Assistance Program", the National Park Service partners with local community groups on ideas for trails, rivers, and parks.