Welding sparks fire at McDonough warehouse

McDONOUGH, Ga. -- Fire crews are still mopping up after a warehouse ignited at a new industrial development in Henry County, Wednesday.

The fire was reported at an under-construction commercial warehouse at 125 Southside Court in McDonough.

Officials said the building was not yet open and there was no one inside when the fire began. A welding spark on the roof is believed to be the cause.

Henry County and McDonough fire were the crews on the scene watching for flare-ups and spraying water from a ladder truck when the 11Alive Skytracker arrived.

No flames were visible from the air.

(© 2016 WXIA)


JOIN THE CONVERSATION

To find out more about Facebook commenting please read the
Conversation Guidelines and FAQs

Leave a Comment