Pregnant woman getting tire fixed shot in the chest

CLEVELAND - Police say that a pregnant woman, 24, getting her vehicle's tire fixed at a Shaw Avenue repair shop, was shot twice in the chest just after 6:30 p.m. Tuesday.

Police officer went to 12715 Shaw Ave and found the woman inside the repair shop.

Officers gave her first aid until EMS arrived and took her to University Hospitals.

The repair shop's owner told police that the woman was at the shop getting her tire fixed when several gunshots were heard and she told him she was hit.

He took her to the back of the shop and tried to stop the bleeding with a towel until paramedics/police arrived, according to a police news release.

Police said witnesses reported seeing a light blue Chrysler in the area that may have been involved in the shooting.

Police said in their report that the woman is seven months pregnant.

Anyone with information regarding the shooting is asked to contact investigators at 216-623-5518.

In other incidents, police say that they arrested a man, 21, about 6:30 p.m. Tuesday.

Officers were patrolling in the area of Ansel Road and Edwards Avenue when a gray Chevy Cavalier passed by, almost colliding with the cruiser.

Officers turned around and, at that point, two occupants of the Cavalier got out and there was one gunshot fired near the Cavalier, according to the police report.

As officers approached, the driver of the vehicle, a 17-year-old boy, stopped when officers gave commands.  The second man was located a short time later in an abandoned home on Kenmore Avenue with a self-inflicted gunshot wound to his calf, according to the police report.

The boy was released to his guardian. The man was arrested and taken to University Hospitals for treatment of his wound.

In another incident, police say that a man, 29, told them he was standing outside at E. 93rd Street and Bessemer Avenue just after midnight Tuesday when he heard gunshots.

He told police he ran and felt a pain in his heel so he went to a friend's house on Bessemer EMS took him to Marymount Hospital.

The man told police he had no idea who fired the shots.


To find out more about Facebook commenting please read the
Conversation Guidelines and FAQs

Leave a Comment