SANDY SPRINGS, Ga. -- Fire officials confirm that several buildings had to be evacuated after a gas leak Monday evening.
According to the Sandy Springs Fire Department, eight buildings at the Legacy Key Apartments in the 8800 block of Summit Springs Drive were affected.
The fire department said that crews from Atlanta Gas Light were on the scene working, and the Red Cross has been notified to assist displaced residents.
No injuries were reported as a result of the gas leak.
11Alive is working to gather more details.
© 2017 WXIA-TV