GWINNETT CO. -- A new school is opening in Metro Atlanta. It's located just off the information super highway.
Gwinnett's newest school goes anywhere you can take a laptop.
In August, Gwinnett County will open it's first-ever all online school.
Until it gains charter status, it will be just like another Gwinnett County high school. And not everything will be done online, students will come to the Old Norcross High School for science labs, finals and other in-person meetings.
Gwinnett County Schools has a list of suggestions to help parents decide if an online high school would work for them. They say successful online learners share common characteristics:
- They are self-directed, completing assignments in a more flexible setting with less direct supervision.
- They have a high comfort level with computers.
- They are inquisitive and ask man y questions of themselves and others to find answers.
- They are able to stay on task.
- They have a study area available that provides reliable internet access.
- They have a parent /guardian who supports them as they learn and who is an active participant in the online learning environment.
The school will accept 300 students this August. If more than 300 apply, they'll hold a lottery.
For more information visit: http://www.gwinnettonlinecampus.com/