Two adults, one child die of carbon monoxide poisoning in home

COLUMBUS, Ga. (AP) - Officials say three people, including a toddler, have been found dead from carbon monoxide poisoning inside a home in Columbus.
 
Muscogee County Coroner Buddy Bryan tells news outlets that officials were called to the residence early Thursday where 23-year-old Jose Alfredo Perez, 27-year-old Edilberto Moreno and a 2-year-old child were found dead.
 
Bryan says the cause of death is asphyxia by carbon monoxide poisoning. He says the victims were running a gas generator inside the house for electricity.
 
Bryan says a fourth person, an unidentified woman, was also taken to the hospital in critical condition. Her condition is unknown at this time.
 
Columbus Fire Marshal Ricky Shores advises people not to use a fuel-powered generator inside a home, especially without proper ventilation.
 


JOIN THE CONVERSATION

To find out more about Facebook commenting please read the
Conversation Guidelines and FAQs

Leave a Comment