Prosecutor: Man killed kids in front of mother

DETROIT — Two decades after murdering his pregnant wife, a Michigan man has been charged in another grisly crime, this time with killing his four children and torturing his wife, who police say witnessed the killings of her two older children while bound with duct tape.

Gregory Green, 49, of Dearborn Heights, Mich., is charged with fatally shooting his 17- and 19-year-old stepchildren early Wednesday in their home and fatally poisoning his 4- and 5-year-old girls with carbon monoxide. Wayne County Prosecutor Kym Worthy charged Green with four counts of first-degree murder in their deaths and one count of torture and one count of unlawful imprisonment for allegedly tying his wife up in the basement, torturing her and shooting her two children in front of her. Green also is charged with three other felonies, including assault and felon in possession.

RELATED| Mom clinging to life after kids killed, husband arrested

PHOTOS: Dearborn Heights crime scene 

The killings happened about one month after Green's wife filed for divorce.

According to Worthy's office, Dearborn Heights police received a 911 call at 1:15 a.m. Wednesday that led them to the home. When they arrived, police arrested Green in the driveway of his home and then went into the home to discover a grisly scene. They found his 39-year-old wife in the basement of the home, bound with duct tape and zip ties. Green allegedly bound his wife, cut her face with a box cutter and shot her foot and then shot the two older children in front of her, authorities said.

Green's stepchildren, Chadney Allen, 19, and Kara Allen, 17, were discovered by police in the basement of the home with multiple gunshot wounds. They both died at the scene.

In the garage of the home, duct tape was found on the muffler of a car and a plastic tube was attached to the car. Police discovered Koi Green, 5, and Kalieh Green, 4, in the upstairs of the home. Authorities believe Green poisoned them with carbon monoxcide. They were taken to a local hospital where they died.

According to police, it was Green himself who called 911 and said that he had killed his family. He was waiting on the front porch when they arrived. Green’s wife, who was shot and stabbed, survived the attack.

Green served 15 years in prison for the murder of his first wife, who was pregnant, when Green stabbed in their Detroit home in 1991.

According to court records, Green's wife had filed for divorce in August.

Follow Elisha Anderson and Tresa Baldas on Twitter: @elishaanderson and @TBaldas

PHOTOS: More mug shots


To find out more about Facebook commenting please read the
Conversation Guidelines and FAQs

Leave a Comment