Several scenes from the Warner Bros. Pictures' drama "Sully," which opens on Friday, were filmed in and around Atlanta.
Oscar-winning director Clint Eastwood directed the movie about the "Miracle on the Hudson."
Oscar winner Tom Hanks stars as Captain Chesley “Sully” Sullenberger, who glided his disabled plane onto the frigid waters of the Hudson River on January 15, 2009, saving the lives of all 155 on board.
MORE | Film industry spends staggering $2 billion in GA in single year
The production of the film started in New York, then moved to Atlanta.
Here are some of the Georgia shooting locations to look for in the film:
- The Healy Building and the JW Marriott Buckhead doubled for the exterior and interiors of the Alex Hotel, where Sully and his co-pilot, Jeff Skiles (played by Aaron Eckhart), stayed.
- The Atlanta Center for Medical Research served as St. Luke’s Hospital.
- Meehan’s Public House substituted for the Landmark Tavern, where Sully stops in for a drink.
- The filmmakers also shot scenes in Sully’s hotel room at the Courtyard Atlanta in Norcross.
- They used a private home in Alpharetta as Sully's house.
- Filmmakers went to the Peach State Aerodome in Williamson to recreate scenes on a Texas airfield landing strip.
- Gwinnett Technical College in Lawrenceville was used to create several interiors, including the air traffic control room and office and the NTSB hearing room.
PHOTOS | 2016 Dragon Con Parade
(© 2016 WXIA)