ATLANTA - New numbers from the Georgia Department of Economic Development show Warner Brothers Pictures spent more than $21 million while filming "The Accountant" in and around Atlanta.
The thriller stars Ben Affleck, Anna Kendrick and J.K. Simmons and opens nationwide in theaters today.
A total of 1,415 Georgia cast members and extras were hired for the film, along with 684 crew members.
"The Accountant" also hired 168 off-duty personnel, including police officers and firefighters.
Here is a list of locations in and around Atlanta that were used for filming:
- The Gwinnett County Jail in Lawrenceville doubled as Leavenworth.
- A small strip mall in Roswell became the site of ZZZ Accounting, the small-town accounting office that Affleck's character uses as a front.
- The campus of Georgia Tech served as the location for the ultra-modern headquarters of Living Robotics, with its centerpiece being a large conference room with glass walls that become a canvas for Affleck's character.
- The interior of the Treasury offices were located inside Atlanta’s Academy of Medicine.
- A farm near Bishop, Georgia, became a home away from home for Affleck's character.
- A sound stage in Decatur was used to create a sleek, silver Airstream trailer.
Special tax incentives have played a major role in bringing film and tv productions to Georgia.
Qualifying productions receive a 20% tax credit, plus an additional 10% credit for embedding a Georgia promotional logo in the film title or credits.
(© 2017 WXIA)