Are you stressed out about the Presidential election? You’re not alone. A new survey found more than half of Americans are feeling poll pressure.
People on all sides of the political spectrum say they're stressed about this election - and can you blame them?
We're polling people to see if you've lost friends over this election either online or in person.
Dr. Taz Bhatia says plenty of people are stressed out personally by it. Her schedule is full of people overwhelmed by the election at her medical practice. Her patients say they can't sleep, and their palms start sweating when they have to talk politics with friends, neighbors, and coworkers.
Bhatia said a lot of that isn't likely to go away before the election, but there are some things you can do to calm yourself down.
Here are her 5 best tips:
1. Magnesium: you can either take a supplement, or take an episome salt bath. The mineral has been proven to help calm the nervous system.
2. Exercise: Dr. Bhatia says when you're sweating it's tough to focus on everything else that's upsetting you.
3. Journal: If you're having trouble sleeping, she says keeping a journal by your bed can help get those thoughts out and get you back to sleep.
4. Lavender or Sandalwood: those two scents in particular help relax you.
5. Digital Detox: Dr. Bhatia doesn't just limit it to social media: she says turn off the TV, computer, and smart phone, and just relax away from it all.
(© 2017 WXIA)