(File photo by Justin Sullivan/Getty Images)
ATLANTA -- Where are the best public schools in the metro?
Atlanta Business Chronicle's annual Education Guide hits newsstands on Friday, Jan. 25, and it will certainly shed a lot of light on the issue. But we also have some data that you will only get online beginning Tuesday.
We will publish high school SAT scores by region so you can see the best and worst performers and judge the schools for yourself.
Up first, the city of Atlanta:
1. Henry W. Grady High School -- 1,508
2. North Atlanta High School -- 1,426
3. Maynard Holbrook Jackson High School -- 1,359
4. Carver Early College -- 1,336
5. South Atlanta School of Law and Social Justice -- 1,320
6. Carver School of the Arts -- 1,306
7. Benjamin E. Mays High School -- 1,303
8. Carver School of Technology -- 1,236
9. Carver High School of Health Sciences and Research -- 1,197
10. Booker T. Washington High School -- 1,191
11. Frederick Douglass High School -- 1,190
12. South Atlanta School of Computer Animation and Design -- 1,164
13. South Atlanta School of Health and Medical Science -- 1,162
14. D.M. Therrell School of Health Science and Research -- 1,128
For high schools, we show the mean scores for the SAT of the 2012 senior class. This score is calculated by using the student's most recent test administration. The highest possible score is 2,400.
Source: Goveronor's Office of Student Achievement