SUWANEE, Ga. -- Gwinnett County Fire officials said a fully involved house fire in Suwanee was caused by a faulty electrical cord.
The fire broke out shortly before 8:30 a.m. at a two-story home on Andrew Hills Court.
Gwinnett County Fire Lt. Colin Rhoden said the fire was mostly contained to the garage and the room above it. The blaze was started by a cord used to power an appliance.
Two adults and two children were home when the fire began. Their smoke detectors alerted them of the blaze and helped them escape, Rhoden said.
One person was treated at the scene for a minor burn. No one else was injured.