DULUTH, Ga. -- The City of Duluth is looking for a top dog to serve as mayor of the Chattapoochee Dog Park.
The Parks and Recreation Department and the Duluth Historical Society will announce the winner at the Chattapoochee Pet Festival in Rogers Bridge Park on Sunday, October 6, 2013.
REGISTER | Sign your dog up to be mayor here
PHOTOS | Send us photos of your dog as mayor
To qualify for Mayor of the Chattapoochee Dog Park, candidates must meet the following criteria:
1. Dog owner must be a City resident or a City business owner.
2. Picture of dog candidate must be submitted with official entry form.
3. Official entry form obtained from the City Parks and Recreation web site, Bunten Road Park Activity Building, Duluth Historical Society or City Hall.
4. All entries must be submitted by midnight on Friday, August 2, 2013.
5. Finalists will be announced in September to participate in a city-wide campaign to elect the new mayor.
6. Winner will serve a 1 year termrepresenting the City of Duluth Chattapoochee Dog Park.