ATLANTA -- Here are the top local and national stories that will keep you in the know for Tuesday, July 16. Start your day being informed on today's news.
1. SkyView Ferris Wheel opens today!
You wouldn't think a giant ferris wheel would sneak up on people, but it seems to have surprised a lot of people downtown.
2, Nightclub shooting
Two people were shot early Tuesday morning outside the Magic City nightclub in downtown Atlanta.
3. Tax free holiday late for some students
The "sales tax" holiday falls after some students started class. Find out why.
4. Ga. water requirements to double by 2020
Georgia's water needs will double to about 5 billion gallons a day by 2020, according to new data from engineering firm Burns & McDonnell-Southeast.
5. Cherokee Co. deputies search for missing woman
Cherokee County Sheriff's deputies have been searching for a missing woman since 9:30 p.m. Monday.
6. Hundreds gather for Zimmerman acquittal protest
Hundreds of demonstrators are gathered outside the CNN Center in protest of George Zimmerman's recent acquittal in the shooting death of 17-year-old Trayvon Martin.
7. Panel recommends suspension of DeKalb CEO Burrell Ellis
A special three-person panel made a unanimous recommendation Monday that DeKalb County CEO Burrell Ellis be suspended from office.
8. Georgian is 1st black male to become national PTA president
He is Georgia-born, Georgia-raised, and a Georgia resident. Now Otha Thornton has taken one of the most pivotal posts in American education.
9. Twin panda cubs start life at Zoo Atlanta
The zoo's pregnant giant panda, Lun Lun, gave birth to twins Monday.
10. No rain in the clouds today!
Could it be? Yes - Tuesday looks to be partly cloudy and warm.
11. New Atlanta reality show premiere
Lifetime's "Catering Wars Atlanta" is set to premiere Tuesday at 10 p.m. The show follows four Atlanta catering companies.