ROME, Ga. -- A Floyd County mother has been arrested and charged in the death of her 3-year-old daughter.
In September, Gabriella "Ella" Camp was rushed to a Rome hospital with severe head trauma. She was later pronounced dead.
RELATED | Ella Camp dies of child abuse
RELATED | Rome rallies after Ella Camp's death
Thursday, Rome Police Lt. Gary Clayton announced Ella's mother, Kayla Medckie, has been charged with second-degree cruelty to children in the little girl's death.
"Medckie ... (failed) to take the appropriate and necessary actions to protect Gabriella Camp after learning of allegations Gabriella had made against David Zachary Gresham," Clayton said in a statement.
Greshman, Medckie's boyfriend, has been charged with murder in Ella's death.
Clayton said the investigation into the child's death is ongoing.
Help 11Alive fight to protect innocent children like Ella Camp. Sign the petition to hold DFCS accountable for the safety and well-being of children.
Tune in to 11Alive Friday at 8 p.m. for a Dateline special, "Failed to Death," and find out how you can help save some of the most vulnerable Georgians.
STORIES OF CHILDREN WHO DIED UNDER DFCS SUPERVISION
* Group of child advocates fights to open juvenile courts
* 2 DFCS employees fired after children's deaths
* Governor Deal spends millions and adds workers to strengthen DFCS
* 2 DFCS fired after child abuse cases result in children dying
* Emani's Grandmother says no one would help her
* Prayer vigil for Emani Moss
* Exclusive Interview: DFCS Director Dr. Sharon Hill
* Judge Glenda Hatchett: 'The system is broken'
* Parents of Emani Moss appear in court
* Resources for helping children
* Accountability: When calling DFCS isn't enough
* Experts: DFCS report showed Emani Moss was in danger
* DFCS summary of the life and death of Emani Moss
* 10 year old girl burned and stuffed in trash can, parents charged
* Governor Deal responds to death of 10-year-old Emani Moss
* State Rep. calls for changes to child laws, DFCS following 10-year-old's death
* 12-year-old boy killed after physical abuse for weeks, months or longer
* Former DFCS worker speaks out following children's deaths
* Former DFCS manager says agency pushing workers too hard
* Children's advocate: "DFCS is broken"
* Attorney says DFCS needs change from top down
* More stories of children in trouble under DFCS monitoring